Have you ever been in a pickle around your home and needed to level something off but didn’t seem to have enough hands to do it? That is where a laser level with a tripod comes in handy. It allows you to level off items while still having two free hands.
Whether you are hanging pictures or hanging cabinets, a laser level with a tripod can come in handy around your house. You don’t need to be an extreme DIYer to find them accessible – they can be used for various needs and are easy to use.
This article will look at how to use a tripod laser level for perfecting your home. This includes tripod types, how to use a tripod laser level, and when to use one.
Let’s get started.
There are two types of tripods to choose from: adjustable leg tripods and fixed leg tripods.
● Adjustable leg tripods are great because you can adjust them on uneven terrain. Each leg is adjustable to a different height.
● Fixed leg tripods, on the other hand, do not have retractable or adjustable legs. Though this might be a problem on uneven terrain, you will find them just as useful as adjustable leg tripods within your home.
How to Use a Tripod Laser Level
Using a tripod with your laser level is relatively easy. No matter what tripod type you select, here is how you will use it:
● Set up the tripod according to the manufacturer’s directions.
● Mount your laser level onto the tripod. Self-leveling laser levels will be best for tripod use but feel free to calibrate your laser level if you do not have a self-leveling one.
● Turn on the laser and point it onto whatever surface you are leveling.
● Adjust the surface accordingly.
● Turn off the laser level and dismount it from the tripod once you are finished leveling the surface.
When to Use a Tripod Laser Level
The beauty of using your laser level with a tripod is that you can use it anywhere throughout the home. Below is a list of the ways and places that you can use a tripod laser level to make your home look updated and renewed:
● Hanging mirrors
● Hanging curtain rods
● Hanging pictures
● Hanging TVs
● Hanging shelves and cabinets
● Transfer stud locations
● Measure from a level reference line
● Building walls
● Find high and low spots in a floor
● And more
As you can see, there are a lot of uses for a laser level tripod. Even though they sound like a fancy tool, they are a great item to have in any home. You don’t even need to be a handy person or builder to use them since they are easy to set up and use.
All you need to do is select a tripod that matches your preferences and a head that fits the laser level you have. From there, you can level just about anything inside your home.